Powered By Blogger

Sunday 9 March 2014

Delicious dyeing day

I just love dyeing fabrics by hand.  The colours always look so lush and vibrant when they are being applied.  I've been wanting to dye some of my own stuff at home for ages, and today I finally got around to it.  I used the Tulip one step tie dye kit (Luau), which comes with 5 plastic bottles containing the dye powder, elastic bands and plastic gloves.  All you have to do is add water, shake to mix, and apply.  It even comes with refill packs of dye powder.  I saw it demonstrated on YouTube by Traci Bautista, a mixed media artist, and I got it from Amazon.  I've dyed a variety of pieces of fabric and vintage lace.  Now I have to be patient and leave it for 24 hours before I rinse it out.  I'll photograph the results when it's all been washed and dried.  I can't wait to see how it turns out.  Some of it may make its way into the textiles workshops I'm doing next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment