Powered By Blogger

Sunday 27 April 2014

Pace, Pace and more Pace

If you are anything like me, dear reader, then patience with yourself isn't your strong point.  I can be infinitely patient with other people who need it, but when it comes to myself I want things done yesterday, if not before!  It's one of the many things that makes my MS so frustrating.  I say "my MS" because it is a disease that affects everyone differently, so other people with MS will have their own pet frustrations.  For me the lack of energy and fatigue are the things that most annoy me.  I have my wonderful new studio shed; I have a large collection of craft materials acquired over two decades, and I want it all in place ready to use immediately.  Instead it takes days of doing a little bit now, and a little bit again, with hours of rest in between.  Every hour of activity needs about 2 to 3 hours of inactivity for recovery.  Adding insult to injury are those wonderful female hormones.  Being 49 means I'm on the brink of the menopause; or to give it the correct medical term I'm peri menopausal.  Oh the joys that brings!  Hot flushes, mood swings, food cravings and an extra dose of tiredness just to kick a woman when she's down.  Yes, I know it could be worse; no, that doesn't help.  

No comments:

Post a Comment